Building a new home or remodeling your current home can come with many decisions and much stress. Marriages have failed over building and remodeling projects. Before starting a project, think about some of the decisions you will need to make:
- Paint color decisions for every room and trim
- Cabinetry layout and design
- Plumbing fixtures and finish
- Trim molding and shelving throughout
- Door hardware for the outside and inside
- Bathroom designs
- Flooring decisions for carpeting, hardwoods, tile, area rugs, etc.
- Lighting is most critical and a very key element
- Granite choices and/or other solid surfaces
- Outside elements: brick, hardy board, roofing, stone, flagstone
- Front door designs, transoms, colors, and hardware
- Window treatment options such as shutters, blinds, draperies, etc.
- Sun problems or other natural lighting issues
The list goes on and on. From the budget process to the end of the building or remodeling process, a designer will help you make wise decisions and save you money. Don’t let your relationship suffer or go through the stress. Take the pressure off your life and ask a designer for help.